CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Surprised and Amazed - Blog Candy/Hops Explained

Wow, Hi Everyone!  I am amazed to find so many new followers so quickly!!!  Thank you all for signing up to be a part of my blog and daily ramblings and creations.  I am thrilled to have you all here and VERY soon we will be doing the blog candy giveaway!  Only 9 more people to go! Yay!  Thank you all for the great comments as well.  I read and appreciate every single one!

I wanted to let you all know I was accepted to participate in a blog hop coming up in March!  I will tell you all more about it very soon so you can put it on your calendars.  Have all of you gone blog hopping yet?  I know some of my friends don't quite understand what that is so I will try to explain it here as best as I can.  A blog hop is where a group of people with blogs of a specific type (in this case, scrapbooking) are picked to participate in a hop by posting a particular subject/project, that the organizer of the hop has decided upon, on their blog and post links to everyone else in the hop who will be doing the same project in their own style. You then "hop" from site to site until you hit the end.  Normally people post a lot of blog "candy" on blog hops, which means awesome chances at awesome prizes (candy = prize, not actual candy) throughout the whole hop!  That's a great reason to follow hops, but also you learn so much and get so much inspiration!  Blog candy is generally won by following the blog giving away the candy and leaving a comment, but sometimes there are additional rules or entries.  It's usually up to each individual participating in the hop as to whether or not they will be giving out "candy" and they get to make up the rules as to how they want to pick the winner of the candy and what you need to do to enter for the candy.  Winners are almost always chosen by getting a number assigned to their entry then put into a random number generator.  I have won 5 blog candies so far!  That's pretty impressive to me and I've won some super fun stuff like papers, stamps, adhesives, software, and books!  It's so much fun and can easily become an addiction once you start winning! ;)  I could think of worse addictions than winning free stuff, can't you?  Hope that helps clear it up and hope that didn't make things more confusing! LOL

I'm leaving my post right now to see what hops are going on (there's almost always at least one per day) to see what I can learn and hopefully, win!  Wish me luck and I wish you all luck.  If you haven't tried this before, give it a shot and let me know what you think about blog hops!

Love and Light to You and Yours,
XO ~ Amy Jo

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Just popping in to say hi! Can't wait to hear more about your blog hop. Hope your new year has started out well. Have you changed up your blog lately? I am loving it! I have a change going on at mine, can't wait till its done! xo Theresa

Celeste B. said...

I'm excited to see what you create for the hop! :) I'm so excited you're only 9 away from your goal!! How exciting; I'm sure you'll be there in no time at all!!! Let me know if you see any fun hops going on (my blogger reader is throwing fits). :)

Post a Comment