CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hip to Be Square - FCCB Challenge

If you are looking for the Spring Forward Blog Hop please see the post below.

Hi all!

I decided to post a last minute project for the FCCB Challenge Me Monday post and I am also entering it into the challenge for Card Cupids.  I'm not sure if it will be posted up there (at FCCB) or not (it was) because I submitted past the deadline, but it wasn't a mandatory post for me so it's totally ok!  I just decided today that I really wanted to make a St. Patty's day card. :0)  BTW, if you do head over there, please check out the Sunday Spotlight as I was one of the gals featured!!!  It's so awesome to be a part of an amazing Design Team (DT)!!!  I'm one lucky lady!

Well here is my one and only  1st St. Patty's Day card.  The challenge is to create a square card and use the colors green and gold (or yellow) for FCCB.  You all have time tomorrow to create and post a project like this one and you can be entered to win some fun blog candy.  For Card Cupids, the challenge is to make a "Green" card.  This is my version.  :0)

St. Patty's Day Card

I had a lot of fun figuring out what to do with this card.  It went in a totally different direction than I had originally intended, but I like the way it turned out.  I used the Designer's Calendar cartridge for the shamrock in the circle.  I used yellow cardstock from my stash, gold ribbon from RRR, background paper from Sweet Peach Crop Shop, St. Patrick's stamp from Stampin' Up, Lucky stamp from Making Memories, bling from K&Co. and the rest of stuff including the frame and red square from my stash.  Used a lot of pop dots on this one, though you can't tell from the angle of the picture.  I used my ATG gun, which, btw if you don't own one, you are missing out!  It is so easy to use and the adhesive lasts forever.  Tip:  Buy it at Michael's or Joann's with a 40% off coupon.  Then it's affordable.  :0)  The shamrock is cut in a really pretty glittery green.  The flash makes it look more gold.  The size of the card is 6" square.  Square cards are fun because it seems like you can squeeze more onto them. 

Well I hope you all enjoy and have a Fantabulous Monday!!!

XO ~ Amy Jo

15 comments:

Katie said...

AmyJo I to suffer the horible fate of Firbro... I completely understand that card making, crafting and scrapbooking is what keeps me going, along with the support of a wonderful man in my life and 3 darling children. Keep strong. but really I would like that fibro ribbon on my blog. so if you can email me the link or the html or whatever it is at katie0106@cableone.net or my blog at ktsangels.blogspot.com thanks Katie

girlia said...

nice

Celeste B. said...

OOOOOOOH, PRETTY!!!!! The clover is my favorite part! :) Don't get me wrong - the whole thing is beautiful!!! TFS! :)

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a cute, cute card! I love all that glitter and the polka-dot paper is very cute! Great project for this week's challenge!
Tanya - your fellow FCCB DT member

Lisa Norris said...

Cute!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Love that sparkly shamrock! great card Amy, so glad to have you on my FCCB DT :)

Maquel said...

Great job this week!! Love the way your card turned out! thanks for joining us, even though it wasn't your week!!

Maquel--your fellow FCCB DT member!

Anonymous said...

So many times a card does not turn out like I thought it would, glad to know someone else shares that experience with me! Love the way it turned out! Sandee ( FCCB DT )

Rhonda Emery said...

I love your card it pops out really nicely

Kate said...

Great card! I love that glittery shamrock! I always use my Michaels coupons to get refills for my ATG as well. I love those coupons!!

Sarah said...

Love the shamrock! Turned out really great if you ask me! :)

Saundra said...

Love that shamrock, Amy!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hi Amy Jo, I would LOVE for you to copy my butterflies!! The more I talk about it the more shocked that I to find so many people that have it, and I wonder of there are more, and more people that have it, or is it that because I have it that I am just more aware of people that have it. I became a follower a follower of this blog, and I can't wait to go to your other blog. I would love to chat, I am so impressed with your positive outlook, I lost that a long time ago. karen<3 karenskrafts1@aol.com

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Oh, sorry, thanks for joining the challenge, good luck!! lol karen<3

Jade said...

Love it! Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids!

Post a Comment