CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shamrock Thank You Card for Challenges

Hello Friends!  I have decided to actually enter some challenges so I have been paying attention to what is going on in blogland and trying to keep up.  I had to make a thank you card for a friend, but there were a few challenges that went right along with what I had in mind for my friend's card so I killed several birds with one stone! LOL

I will be entering this one in the Card Cupids challenge and possibly some others if I find some with the same theme.  Wish me luck!

Also this will be my first post of the day.  I should have another one coming up so please check out both!

I apologize for the blurriness and poor quality of the pics.  Sometimes my camera works great and others, it looks better on the camera than on the computer.  :(  I'm posting two pics so you can get the gist of what the card really looks like.  Btw, the center with the diamond shamrock is pop dotted up 1/4", which does not show at all in the pics.


Shamrock Thank You - 1

Shamrock Thank You 2



I made this card for some friends who had us over for an early St. Patty's Day party and feast on Saturday.  I wanted to keep with the theme so I used Designer's Calendar for the glittery green shamrock and backed it with some awesome paper I won from Jill Coleman of Stampin' Up.  In fact, all the paper except the background is from Stampin' Up.  It's so gorgeous that I got right online and ordered more!  I used some light Kraft paper for the background and made the card a 6" square.  I'm really into the square cards right now even though they require more postage.  You seem to get a little more room to work with!  Once again, this card went totally astray from my original idea, but I really love the way it turned out.  I only wish I had better close ups to show you all. :(  I used 4 cute little brown buttons from Bo Bunny and inked the edges of everything with a Cat's Eye that I NOW SELL!!!  Will tell you more about my newest endeavour in another post!  :0)  The buttons are actually glued onto a border of ribbon (Spool O' Ribbon).  It looks like a paper border, but it's actually ribbon.  I used two yellow glittered brads as well from We R Memory Keepers. The word "Thanks" are black stickers from my stash.  If you want any more details feel free to comment and I'll get more exact details for ya.

Thanks for checking out my post today!

XO ~ Amy Jo

3 comments:

Jade said...

Ohh Sparkley! Thanks for playing along at Card Cupids!

Jarna said...

Very nice card, the sparkle and the natural colors really appeal to me.

Celeste B. said...

Oh, so cute!! You're so creative!!!! I love this one! :) TFS!

Post a Comment