CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday Post - #61 Blue Skies

Good morning!  I'm sure not up yet, so  I created this post last night because goodness knows when I'll actually be awake or not.  I'm having some severe insomnia.  Saturday night I was up until around 6:00 in the morning!  Gave me a lot of time to blog hop and work on cards without the usual interruptions from the dogs, pig, phone, husband... :p  Hmm... I think I just had an epiphany!  I've been having insomnia because it's the only way I get any work done! LOL

Enough of my rambling about that.  We've got a challenge to do!  For today's post, I decided to revamp an old scrapbook page from my first scrapbook from 2002.  This was about the 2nd or 3rd page I had ever done and there just weren't that many tools or options back then so, obviously, not a real pretty page. LOL  I have posted before and after pictures to show you how much the Cricut can help an old page!  Plus, I just had no desire to make a card.

The challenge today is to create a project using at least one Cricut cut, clouds and blue.  We'd love for you all to head over to FCCB to participate in this weeks' challenge.  You might even win a prize from one of our awesome sponsors!

On to the before photo... (Pay no attention to the awful photo of me driving. :p)

(This page was created with some punch outs, photos, a random sticker and some markers originally.)
and now (below) are the images of the revamped page, broken down into sections.

Whole page revision - I kept a lot of the original stuff but just added to it.  I couldn't bear to take everything off and start with a new paper even though this one has holes punched to fit my original album.  I hate wasting anything!

Addition of the sun & clouds.  I used my Gypsy, Imagine machine, Paper Pups, and Imagine More cartridges for this one.  This is all one piece and I think it's just awesome!  I colored in the clouds and half of the sun/moon with my Copics.  I then Stickled the whole thing in Waterfall and Yellow.  Paper pups came with my Gypsy and prior to this, I had never used that cartridge.  Now I'm happy I have it! The frame around the picture was an original element and I still think it's pretty cute since this was a road trip.

I revamped this part by removing the circular photo (luckily it came up easily) and adding a background scalloped circle to it, created with my Gypsy, Imagine machine, Country Carnival, and Imagine More cartridges.  After cutting and printing out the blue patterned scallop, I also created the cute little "Journey" label on the Imagine and used Glossy Accents over the top.  I decided to outline the picture with a brown Zig marker and then add Cinnamon Stickles dots around it, as well as inking all my edges with a Colorbox cat's eye pad.  The little cloud (as well as the rest of the clouds on the page) were created from a Paper Pups cloud border.  I used the insides of the border and had the outside border colored in blue on the Imagine.  I also added Waterfall Stickles and some little dots with my Zig pen.  I pop dotted the cloud on this one.  The pop dotted car was part of the original page.

Finally, I used some more clouds, but no pop dots and on the writing above, I added Waterfall Stickles.  All in all, I think the extras that I added to the page made it so much more enjoyable to look at.  What do you all think?  Hope this inspires you to go through some old pages and try out some new techniques!


Thank you all for checking out my post today and be sure to enter the challenge yourself!  We love to see your work and interpretations of our challenges. :0)

XO ~ Amy Jo

5 comments:

My Lil' Bits said...

Sweet layout Amy! Gotta love our Cricuts!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute LO! I hope you were able to get some rest!

Jennie Garcia said...

Cute Layout!! I actually love having insomnia, I hate sleeping but I also hate to be sleepy the next day :/ TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/
FCCB DT Member

Anonymous said...

Really neat to see a lay out revisited! I love the new additions, your insomina is paying off! lol

Lisa Norris said...

YAY! My commenter is working again! I love the little changes you made...such a cute layout. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Post a Comment