CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Some more awesome awards!!!

My sweet friend Rae from Wahoo Crafts (whom I design with on FCCB) gave me not one, but TWO awesome blogger awards!  I am so excited!  I am supposed to post 5 things about me and then pass these on so I will do that for each award.



1.  My mini pot-bellied pig was supposed to be a maximum of 60lbs and he is actually 130!!!  Not such a "mini" is he? LOL  He and my female pit bull were both born on Christmas day, one year apart.

2.  Along with my Fibro, I have horrible sleep problems.  My latest schedule is stay up til 4:00 in the morning, wake up at 10 or 11:00 A.M and start my day with a pretty structured morning routine.  My best ideas come in the middle of the night!
3.  You may already know this, but I thought I'd post it anyways, I started scrapbooking during my first marriage.  I had taken a long road trip with my best friend to Maine and back through New York City all the way home to Colorado.  I had a zillion pictures and my brother's gf was into scrapbooking so that's how started!  I stopped though after my dad passed away (like a year or two later) and didn't pick it up again until September of 2010.  Since then, it's been non-stop papercrafting!
4.  Since I've gotten Fibro, I now longer enjoy music.  Not like I used to anyways, for some reason, anything too loud or too stimulating gives me great anxiety.   I used to love music and have it on 24/7.  Now I listen to it very rarely.  I've heard that's common with Fibro.
5. My family started a silkscreen/sign shop in 1995 or so and for 9 years I worked there, eventually running it for the last 2 years or so.  Then when my brother sold the shop, I went with it and managed another year before I decided to move.  I never realized how much I loved the artistic side of things until I had an Office Management position.  Great job too, but not a lot of room for creativity!





The next 5 things...


1.  When I moved to Fort Collins, I worked for an Environmental Consulting & Testing company and worked my way up to management.  I loved my job sooo much and made a fantastic living with it.  At the same time I worked at a greenhouse and started Fashion Design School online.  When I got full on Fibro, I was 29 and had to quit EVERYTHING.  I was bedridden for a year on and off.
3.  I have two older brothers.  One is 13 years older than me and one is 15 years older than me!
4.  My favorite pastime used to be dancing at hip hop clubs. LOL - Don't laugh, but up until I got ill, I used to go at least twice a week and would dance for about 5 hours straight each time.  I loved it!  It's how I met my husband. :0)
5.  I am approx. 1/8 Lakota Sioux. White girl that I am! LOL


This award goes to:


Celeste at http://ccscards.blogspot.com/
Theresa at http://juicycricutcards.blogspot.com/
Robin at http://www.robinscreativecottage.blogspot.com/
Kristal at http://www.gettingcricky.com/p/about-me.html/
Deanne at http://www.deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/


There are a few more I'd like to give, but I guess I'll play by the rules this time. ;)


Thank you again, Rae!


Ladies I have picked, I hope you enjoy these little tokens of my appreciation.  I subscribe to HUNDREDS of blogs and I picked you!


XO ~ Amy Jo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks you so much Amy Jo! I am so glad the my blog inspires you! I enjoy doing it and helping others.(retired teacher that I am!)It also helps with my loneliness. My daughter and her husband lived with me for 10 months. They moved out the 8th of April. My 96 year old mother who had lived with us for 20 years died April 12, so the internet has been a godsend...
hugs
Deanne

Celeste B. said...

AWWWWWWW!!! Thanks so much!!!!! You're too sweet!! :) You are such an inspiration, and I feel so honored! Thank you sooooooo much!!!! :)

Post a Comment