CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Moku

*Scroll down (one post) for Vintage Christmas in July Blog Hop*

Hi Friends,

Today is a hard day for me.  It's the day my piggy, Moku, is leaving for his new home.  He will have a wonderful new family and lots of room to run and be happy, but I'm going to miss him so much.  He has been with me since he was a baby and getting him was one of my most special memories.  We got him in Maui and had him flown over to Colorado.  He arrived here about a week after we got home from our trip and he was the cutest thing. Beautiful blue eyes with really long eyelashes... He was wearing a lei when we picked him up at the airport. :0)  I still have it.  I guess now would be a good time to make a scrapbook, huh?

I'm having the hardest time with this. It's ridiculous!  Thought I'd be ok and I know he's going to a wonderful home, better than I could give him even, but it's just heartbreaking.  I'm gonna miss his adorable piggy sounds in the morning and when he gets his belly scratched.  He's such a sweetheart.  Who'd ever think you call fall in love with a pig? LOL  Anyways, thanks for listening.  Sometimes having this blog is the only way to get through some of these difficult things in life.  That and my wonderful friends and family of course, but I view all of you as friends and the support I get from you all means so much to me.  It's amazing what an incredible network of people we have available to us all from this wonderful hobby. :0)

Here are some pictures of my Moku...
 Here he is as a baby!  See why we fell in love? :0)
 He loves to root and push on you with his nose.  
 Can you believe how big he got???  130 lbs!  That's more than I weigh!
 Such a handsome boy. :0)
 With his favorite toy.
 
This is Moku and me just a few weeks ago.  He still thinks he's a baby and crawled into my lap!  I couldn't bear to push him away even though it's like holding a baby elephant! :p LOL  I'm definitely going to miss these sweet times. *sniffle*

Moku is going to a wonderful home (which I hope will be his forever home).  My husband's co-worker was kind enough to take him in for a while and she will decide if she will keep him or if he will be going on to Cheyenne, WY to a friend of hers who have a little female.  Either way, he will be very loved and have plenty of room to run around and have some freedom, which he did not have here due to the dogs and the layout of our house.  Moku and stairs don't mix!

Thanks everyone, for letting me share.  Hope you all have a wonderful evening!

XO ~ Amy Jo

8 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Awww, that is so sweet and so sad! We all become attached to our sweet fur babies!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Sabrina said...

Oh he is just adorable! I am sorry he is leaving but I am sure he will be happy and you can visit him.

Pendra said...

He is just so sweet and adorable... I can see how you would miss him!
Pendra
pendrasplace.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, I am so sorry that you have to give your beloved Moku away...he is so cute. Maybe you can visit if he stays close by or ask for a monthly update with a photo...which I know is not the same, but may help a little.

BIG, BIG Hugs to you.
Jewels

Linda Simpson said...

Oh Amy, I feel for you and he looks soooooo cute. I am sure you will be able to visit him and take lots of photo's. Take care

Sending lots of crafty hugs to you :)

Scrappychick said...

OMG! He's adorable!! Stop by my blog...email me...you WON something!

DIANA L. said...

He is tooooooo cute.
DIANA L
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Celeste B. said...

Awww, TFS those adorable pics! Big hugs to you, I'm sorry he has to leave! Give him a big squeeze for me!!!!

Post a Comment