CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Monster Monday with A Jillian Vance Design - Post 2/2

Hi everyone!  Please scroll down a post for some very important updates!  For today's Monster Monday post at A Jillian Vance Design - Design Team Blog I have created a super cute, very fun little monster card.  Sorry the pics are in large file format.  I couldn't figure out how to add a resizer to this particular computer and am too lazy to go get my other laptop from the other room and upload all the pics to it, so if this causes anyone any major problems with the post loading too slowly, please let me know and I will fix it as soon as I can!

First I'm going to show you the pics and the deets will be posted below.  :0)

 Not to toot my own horn, but isn't he adorable?
 Closeup of the top of his head and the spiders with Stickled bottoms.
 Perfect stamp from A Jillian Vance Design.  This set is called Spooky
Inside of card

Ok so onto the details for this super fun to make card.  I actually have the file loaded on my Gypsy and would be happy to share it if anyone wants it.  Just leave me a comment and I'll have my hubby help me figure out how to get it to you!  I had to use the weld feature to put a circle over his belly so it would cut out without me having to do it by hand.  You can leave the circle in and cover it with a different paper if you choose to do that, but I wanted to add a little depth to the card (as usual). ;)  For the monster I repeated the cut twice, once on black cardstock and once with the patterned paper so he would be a little thicker and sturdier.  Scored him with my Martha Stewart Score Board.

Details:
  • Cardstock - black from Recollections
  • Patterned Paper - Cloud 9 Designs Seasonal 12x12 paper pack.  This was last year's and I've been using it for mostly all of my Halloween projects so far this year!  It's perfect!
  • Spiders - I added red Stickles to them to make some quasi-hourglasses on them.  Yes, I know black widows have them on the underside, but how can you show that? LOL
  • Embellishments - Googly eyes from Michael's, faux stitching around almost everything and doodling for his little hands and feet with my black Zig pen (can't live without these), oh and I drew in his mouth with the other end of that same Zig pen
  • Adhesives - pop dots, ATG gun, and Zig 2-way glue pen (love this thing!), Joann's craft glue
  • Stamps & Ink - Stamps are from A Jillian Vance Design - Spooky set (as mentioned above with link) and ink is white pigment ink from???  I'm too tired to go check.  Sorry!  I then outlined the stamp with a white Gelly roller because I just love how it makes it stand out more than the ink alone and it's really super quick to do that.
I hope you enjoyed my card as much as I did and please remember, EVERYTHING I DO IS FOR SALE!  :0)  Soon, I will have my Etsy store up and running, but if you are interested in any  of my projects, please just ask!  Thanks for joining me today and be sure to head over to AJVD to check out the other Monster Monday projects!  Don't forget to enter our challenge too!

XO ~Amy Jo

1 comments:

Post a Comment