CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Dilly Beans Friday Challenge - Shades of Pink and Black

Hi Friends,

I am so sorry I haven't been able to do a whole lot of anything this past week.  I have had a migraine since Easter and it is just not letting up!!!

I'm super excited about my 2nd Guest Design post for Dilly Beans Challenge Blog and actually got two cards created late last night!!! Just in time for the challenge. ;)  Our challenge this week is "Shades of Pink & Black".  For this challenge I have used the #352 Heart-Flowers Border#348 - Amalia's Daisy#374 Flowers & Love, and #263 Zombie Girl with Bow.  I hope you enjoy my cards and will join us on the Challenge Blog!

Click on any of the links above to go to the Dilly Beans Store!

 Zombie Girl with Bow

3 different digis used here - Amalia with Daisy, Hearts & Flowers Border and Flowers & Love (the words)

For my projects today I used a few different mediums; Copics, colored pencils, Zig pens, Stickles glitter glue,  Creative Memories pens and my white gelly roller .  The first project is made with two different zebra print cardstocks from Recollections.  I used the black/white zebra print for the background to frame Zombie Girl and the pink on pink zebra print for the main part of the card.  It's nice because when it opens, it's a solid pink inside so you don't have to put another layer on the inside of the card if you don't want to!  I used two strips of ribbon from my stash to put behind the framed digi stamp and then added some Making Memories gunmetal brads for a little "rock 'n' roll" bling. ;)  I also added some black rhinestones to polish it off.  For the image itself, I used several shades of pink, along with silver, black, gray tones.  I drew the little spirals with my zig pen and added a little shading to the bow with a silver Creative Memories gelly pen. I added some more eyelashes to her upper lids and added some doodles to the heart hanging down from her.  

For Dilly Beans images I don't like to clutter up the card with lots of embellishments and additions because the images are so great that I don't want anything to detract from them.  That's why these cards seem more simple than some of my other creations.  The images are so much fun to color and for a while I was trying to be so perfect with it, then I decided to just PLAY!!!  That's one thing we should all remember from time to time. ;)  I've decided that my imperfections make it my own, you know?

If you haven't been to see the team's projects yet, OMGoodness you are in for a special treat.  These ladies are so talented and I always get inspiration from their projects. I would also like to say a quick thank you to the teammates who stopped by to say "hi" last week.  I really appreciate it. ;)

For my second project I used a hot pink cardstock from Recollections as the card base and added a polka dotted background from Echo Park.  I inked my edges with Blackbird Cat's Eye ink.  I had colored my Hearts/Flowers border with Copics and my white gelly roller and placed it next, using a Zig 2-way Glue Pen.  Then I decided to use Stickles on the Amalia's Daisy image rather than coloring the flower traditionally.  I used Fruit Punch and Silver Stickles for her flower and used a combo of Copics/Zig Pens for coloring her hair, face and adding polka dots to  her dress.  I decided to pop her up off the border and added the sentiment "Love Grows in my Garden" with pop dots as well.  I'm very pleased with the combination of these digis.  I thought they were perfect together! ;)  Hope you enjoy them as much as I have. :0)

Thank you all so very much for stopping by today!  Since you're here, please leave a comment.  I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks again to the lovely ladies of Dilly Beans for letting me join in on their fun!  Don't forget to check out the challenge and link up your projects too!!!

XO ~ Amy Jo

Challenges I'm entering:

TPE - #143 - Flowers (Card #2)
Use It Tuesday - #29 - Anything Goes - Everything listed in the details (body of the post) is from my stash!
Forever Night - Freaky Friday Wicked Challenge (Card #1)

9 comments:

Leanne said...

Lovely cards! Hope the migraine leaves you soon.

The Mama Monkey said...

Hi Amy Jo! Thanks for asking about our challenge...you can enter twice! Just link up again and then chose the other picture. Should work for you. We allow as many projects as you do can do in a challenge term! We want you to use your stash, after all! :)
Siobhan

Anonymous said...

Two gorgeous cards, love the color theme and the images. Thank you for joining us at Forever Night this week xx

blackdragon said...

Love the colours and the quirkiness of the dilly beans image. BDx

Anonymous said...

I've taken a moment to look over your projects and I must say I adore the fun, whimsical feel to them all. These two are my fave. Just love the colors and images. Great work!!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow AmyJo these are gorgeous! I love the color combo and the digi's are fabulous! you did such an awesome job of coloring...I really need to practice more:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Steph said...

Great cards! I love the black/white/pink combo and your choice of the zebra patterns is so cool. Thanks for joining us at Forever Night Challenges this week :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Both cards are just fabulous, Amy Jo. Especially love how you did Sombie's hair. so glad to have you this month at Dilly Beans. xxD

Nikki Byrne said...

Fabulous creation, love the colours and image :o)Thank you for sharing it with us at Forever night this week. good luck. hugs

NIKKI DT

Post a Comment